|Some internet mailing lists and bulletin boards degenerate into useless
squabbling and arguing that detracts from their original purpose and usefulness. As we grow and invite more people into our Fleming Owner's community, it makes sense to have some formal agreement on how we'll
conduct ourselves, to ensure that our owner's site and forum is a productive and welcoming place to
share ideas and benefit from each other's experience.
By clicking the "I agree" checkbox on the registration and profile page, you agree to abide by the following policies:
- The following material is prohibited on the Fleming Owner's Site and forum:
- Any material that does not pertain to building, equipping, maintaining, operating and cruising
aboard Fleming boats.
- Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation. Postings of equipment items (but not boats for sale) are
allowed only in the "For Sale" forum, and should be limited to cruising equipment that's appropriate to a Fleming.
- Any material which libels, defames, abuses, or threatens others or is inflammatory.
- Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
- Messages that advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images.
- Unauthorized copyrighted or otherwise user-restricted material.
- Material that is knowingly false or misleading.
- Harvesting of subscriber e-mail addresses or other contact information for any purpose is not
permitted. This does not prohibit a subscriber from contacting other subscribers privately by e-mail or
other means for non-commercial purposes. It does mean that assembling a list of e-mail addresses,
phone numbers, addresses, or other contact information for any other purpose except private
non-commercial individual communication is explicitly forbidden and is grounds for terminating a
subscription and being banned from subscribing.
- Everyone who participates in the forum must register as a user and is required to provide their first
and last name and a valid e-mail address. Other contact information may be optionally provided. Anonymous registrations
and registering using false names are not permitted.
- Registered users may identify themselves as a Fleming owner (including those who have a boat on order but
who have not yet taken delivery of the boat). Ownership status will be verified by the administrator or a dealer using
the hull number and other information provided. Once a subscriber is verified as an owner, they will have access to the
owner's database as well as "owner's only" features of the web site, when and if they become available. Making fraudulent
claims of ownership or attempting to circumvent the site security is grounds for being removed from the subscription list
and banned from new subscription.
- The Fleming Maps function of the site displays the approximate locations of Fleming yachts on a map provided by GoogleMaps. The maps MUST NOT BE USED FOR NAVIGATION and the positions of the Fleming are based on information volunteered by owners and are only as accurate or current as the information provided by the owners. The locations are provided only for the purposes of facilitating social connections between owners and not for ANY navigation purpose. The function is available to verified owners only.
- The Tides function is based on software distributed under the GNU General Public License. The software relies on valid "harmonics data" that the developer of this software cannot guarantee. You should not use these tide predictions if anyone or anything could come to harm as a result of an incorrect tide prediction. NOAA and similar agencies in other countries can provide you with certified tide predictions if that is what you need. For more information, see http://www.flaterco.com/xtide/dislaimer.html.
- The site administrator does not verify information on the site and makes no representation or warranty of any kind about the accuracy or completeness of any information on the site. The site administrator shall have no responsibility or liability of any kind or nature arising out of or related to the site or the site administratorís creation or maintenance of the site, including, without limitation, the misuse or disclosure of a site users personal information.
When posting to any of the Fleming Owner's forums, please observe the following guidelines:
- Use an appropriate subject line in e-mail. The Fleming owner's forum allows reading and posting via a
web-site "bulletin board" and/or via e-mail. If you post via the web site, topics are automatically separated and you can
respond to a specific topic. If you post via e-mail, please be careful to use an appropriate subject line. If you are responding
to a posting on the same topic, please just reply without changing the subject line. However, if you're starting a new
subject or replying but changing the subject, please change the subject line in your e-mail. That will keep the subjects
appropriately separated in the archives and on the web site.
- Snip your replies. When replying to another post, only include the bare minimum text of the last post
(if any at all) to set the context of your reply. Every reply post requires some degree of snipping (i.e., trimming).
We want to read what you want to say, not a second printing of the prior post. Besides, shorter replies take less time
to post and download while aboard your boat, relying on slow and expensive access.
- Be careful how you reply. The forums are set up so that your replies by default go back to the entire
forum. However, if you're sending a reply that is really only relevant to an individual, please don't send it to the
entire forum. If you are responding to an individual, reply directly to that individual - and not to the entire forum.
- Be polite. Nothing destroys the community atmosphere of the forum faster than personal
attacks or arguments. Even if you disagree with someone's ideas, you must be polite and respectful in your response.
- Private e-mails in public posts. Do not post the contents of private e-mails or other information you have received from
others unless you have the permission of the original author.
- Copyright protected material. Any copyrighted work (e.g., a newspaper clipping or text from another web site)
may not be posted without explicit permission of the copyright owner. The easiest way to deal with copyright material is
to just provide a link to the original so other list readers can find it.
Site and Forum Administration
- Administrators are volunteers. Keep in mind that the administrators of this site and forum
are volunteers. They are not paid to do this, so please be considerate of their time in any requests you make, or
in complying with any requests the administrator may make.
- The Site is officially endorsed by Fleming Yachts. They do not provide financial support for the operation and maintenance of
the site, nor to they exercise any level of control over the site contents and policies. If registered as users, they are free to
request policy changes, as are any owners. However, site policies are ultimately set by the volunteer administrators
and the Fleming yacht owners who are registered with the site.
- Self policing. The Fleming Owner's site and forums are largely self-policing. The lists are not
"moderated". Posted messages are not reviewed by a moderator before they are published. Therefore, we all depend
on each other to follow these policies. However, if a subscriber consistently violates site policy, the administrators
may, at their discretion, terminate a subscription and ban new subscriptions from that individual.
- Required Information All users are required to register for an account to access the
site resources. Registration requires a valid first and last name, a user name, and at least one e-mail address.
All other contact information is strictly voluntary.
- Information is never sold or distributed. Contact information you provide on the Fleming Owners site is available for viewing by any registered Fleming owner. Guest users (i.e. non-owners) do not have access to the contact information except for the primary e-mail address. Your primary and secondary e-mail addresses are also used to distribute postings via e-mail if you subscribe to that service. Personal contact information is never sold or provided to third parties except as required by law. Personal contact information is not used for marketing purposes by the administrators, Fleming Yachts or the Fleming dealers.
- Deleting Your Account. Users are free to delete their account at any time by logging in and clicking the "Delete My Account" button on the profile page. If you have forgotten your password, click "Need Help with your Password?" to reset your password. When your account is deleted, all messages you have posted to the site are retained, but all your personal contact information is removed. Information about your boat is also removed when your account is deleted, unless your boat is jointly owned by another registered user.